HXRC Developer Hub
Join the HXRC Developer Hub – shape the future of immersive technologies!
The Hub is a unique program for early-stage companies working within the realms of spatial computing, metaverse and associated technologies. It offers free work space and hardware, mentoring and networking opportunities, and a vibrant community of like-minded people to support you on your journey.
About the Developer Hub
Helsinki XR Center was created to serve as a development, service and community platform for the XR and spatial computing sector. One of the founding principles was to provide emerging companies in this space a fertile environment to grow and thrive, and reduce the early risks involved in hi-tech research and development.
Our teams consist of hardware and software developers, storytellers, interaction, game and service designers, as well as a cast of experts across a diverse set of disciplines. They create innovative solutions in various fields by utilising AR, VR, MR, metaverse, AI and similar technologies.
Two-stage development program
The HXRC Developer Hub program for early-stage companies consists of two stages:
1. A three-month trial period where the central idea of your vision is fleshed out, resulting in a demo. Can you show the skill and resolve to produce something concrete?
2. Continuation periods for three months at a time, where we set up a roadmap and development path together for the next 12 months, driven by the team, and follow up on progress at three month intervals with deadlines. The mission is to keep the team on a good track and ambitious pace while leaving room for trial and error, necessary pivoting and learning.
The teams are chosen based on need of the space and equipment, skill, dedication, and potential of the project idea.
What we offer
As a HXRC Developer Hub member you get access to amenities such as:
- co-working spaces and meeting rooms,
- the latest headsets and other hardware,
- co-learning and mentoring,
- events and networking,
- HXRC Showroom – a state-of-the-art immersive demo space.
We offer these for free, and you retain full ownership of your company and product(s).
What we expect from you
Dedication – show that you care about what you do by devoting your time to the project and by meeting the goals that you set.
Participation – we want you to show up and make most of the events and facilities that are made available to you.
Engagement – stay committed to the best practices and communication channels of the hub, engage with your colleagues, exchange ideas, give and receive feedback.
Initiative – present your own solutions for building the community, events, mentoring, and your work.
Apply now for the Helsinki XR Center Developer Hub, and shape the future of immersive technologies!