About Helsinki XR Center
We are a leading XR hub in Europe that connects startups, industries, innovators, students, professionals and investors for co-creation, new business, and talent building.
Helsinki XR Center, the home of Extended Realities, is an incubator for talent, a cultural hub for co-creation and learning for all XR artists, entrepreneurs, engineers, scientists, students and enthusiasts in the field of virtual and augmented reality.
Helsinki XR Center opened its doors in early 2019, and after that, we have had the honour to collaborate with over a hundred organizations, offer working space, equipment and mentoring to over 30 developer hub teams, have over 3000 visits to our premises, including HXRC Showroom, and produce dozens of XR events.
During the years, HXRC has become the largest innovation, development and startup center in the Nordics dedicated to virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) technologies.
Our mission is to continue the ambassador work in the field of Finnish XR.
Helsinki XR Center is located in Arabia, Helsinki, as a part of the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences’ Creative Campus.
The center is operated by Metropolia University of Applied Sciences. It works in close cooperation with Finnish Virtual Reality Association FIVR, and is powered by the City of Helsinki.
HELSINKI XR CENTER …
- Supports Finnish XR startups by for example offering office space and equipment, mentoring and access to the Finnish XR community,
- Organizes various XR events for networking purposes,
- Carries out different kinds of RDI (research, development & innovation) projects with universities and other organizations, and
- Offers various services, such as XR Workshops for companies and organisations, special facility renting, venue services and business coaching for early stage startups in Helsinki Arabia district.
IN ADDITION, HXRC …
- Works very closely with Metropolia UAS’s XR Design Degree
WHAT IS XR?
- XR means Extended Reality, an umbrella term for technologies that create, augment and merge digital elements with physical space. They are also known as immersive technologies.
- XR consists of VR (Virtual Reality), AR (Augmented Reality) and MR (Mixed Reality).
Helsinki XR Center team
Our HXRC Team is an innovative, inspiring group of talented people of researchers, technology specialists, start-up experts, hub masters, ecosystem pundits, project lead professionals, event producers, social media pros and amazing advisors.
Are you interested in co-operating with us? Our team would love to help you find the best way to meet and work together!
Check out our services and contact us via email info(at)helsinkixrcenter.com, or see each team member's contact info below!
Head of Unit
tiina.vuorio (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
+358 50 523 8819
santeri.saarinen (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
+358 40 141 2553
Communications & Events
meeri.lehto (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
Data Curation & Project Management
janina.rannikko (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
Showroom, XR projects
mikko.hook (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
Start-up support & Visitors
jussi.salonen (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
+358 50 471 8838
juho.puurunen (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
emmi.isokirmo (at) helsinkixrcenter.com