About Helsinki XR Center
Helsinki XR Center, the home of Extended Realities, is an incubator for talent, a cultural hub for co-creation and learning for all XR artists, entrepreneurs, engineers, scientists, students and enthusiasts in the field of virtual and augmented reality.
Helsinki XR Center opened its doors in early 2019, and after that, we have had the honour to collaborate with as many as 22 learning institutions and over 75 companies, offer working space, equipment and mentoring to over 25 developer hub teams, show our HXRC Showroom to over 100 visitors, as well as produce dozens of XR events.
HXRC aims to become the largest innovation, development and startup center in the Nordics dedicated to virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) technologies.
Our mission is to continue the ambassador work in the field of Finnish XR.
Helsinki XR Center is located in Arabia, Helsinki, right next to Metropolia University of Applied Sciences’ Creative Campus.
Helsinki XR Center hub
Helsinki XR Center’s developer hub is designed to support early stage XR teams in Finland by providing access to crucial developer resources, knowledge and community.
Teams retain complete ownership of their intellectual properties while receiving free office space and shared equipment, such as computers and virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) devices, but also mentoring, business coaching, contacts, and access to events.
HELSINKI XR CENTER …
- Supports Finnish XR startups by for example offering office space and equipment, mentoring and access to the Finnish XR community,
- Organizes various XR events for networking purposes,
- Carries out different kinds of RDI (research, development & innovation) projects with universities and other organizations, and
- Offers various services, such as XR Workshops for companies and organisations, special facility renting, venue services and business coaching for early stage startups in Helsinki Arabia district.
IN ADDITION, HXRC …
- Works very closely with Metropolia UAS’s XR Design Degree
WHAT IS XR?
- XR means Extended Reality, an umbrella term for technologies that create, augment and merge digital elements with physical space. They are also known as immersive technologies.
- XR consists of VR (Virtual Reality), AR (Augmented Reality) and MR (Mixed Reality).
Helsinki XR Center team
Our HXRC Team is an innovative, inspiring group of talented people of researchers, technology specialists, start-up experts, hub masters, ecosystem pundits, project lead professionals, event producers, social media pros and amazing advisors.
Are you interested in co-operating with us? Our team would love to help you find the best way to meet and work together!
Check out our services and contact us via email info(at)helsinkixrcenter.com, or see each team member's contact info below!
tiina.vuorio (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
+358 50 523 8819
Contents, Hub & Ecosystem
santeri.suominen (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
+358 44 509 0392
santeri.saarinen (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
+358 40 141 2553
Academic Relations & Research Database
janina.rannikko (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
+358 40 621 2236
Events & Collaboration Specialist
essi.leivo (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
Marketing & Service Coordinator
mira.simsio (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
+358 40 663 2329
kira.vesikko (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
Turbiini Startup Expert
hannes.jesar (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
+358 40 688 5662
Social media, Website
Helsinki XR Center Advisors
Metropolia Univeristy of Applied Sciences
antti.laurikainen (at) helsinkixrcenter.com
FIVR – Finnish Virtual Reality Association
aleksis.karme (at) helsinkixrcenter.com