- DATE: 20 November 2019
- LOCATION: Metropolia Event Halls
- ORGANIZER: Helsinki XR Center
- TICKETS: Free of charge
Welcome to meet and greet & experience the Finnish XR!
The biggest XR event in Finland – Match Up – XR Event 2019 is an annual SLUSH pre-event in Helsinki, focusing on AR/VR industry, technologies and solutions. The event is held now for the third time and it will host 500+ attendees from all over the world.
During the evening attendees will meet top VR/AR companies and startups. Forefront corporations tell how they have already utilised XR in their projects and keynote speakers will share their industry expertise and outlook of future XR development and technologies. Food and drinks available all night!
Who should attend?
- Companies interested in new solutions in VR/AR solutions
- Companies looking for partners and new talents
- AR/VR teams and startups seeking new customers
- Industry experts
Match Up 2019 – the XR Event – registration is now open. From the entrance you’ll get your event badge and get access to all event areas.
MAIN STAGE (Floor Zero) – Live stream link
Big keynote talks from big names! After each talk we will have dedicated times for Q&A sessions.
- 17:00: Telia XR Challenge pitches
- 18:00: Steven M. LaValle – Challenges in Wireless VR
- 19:00: Urho Konttori – Varjo & Volvo cooperation
- 20:30: Telia XR Challenge winner announcement
FIVR STAGE (Floor Zero)
A showcase stage dedicated for talks about various customer cases in the field of XR.
- 17:15: Opening by Olli Sinerma, Chairman of FIVR
- 17:45: Endless forms of XR (Aleksis Karme & Tommi Teronen, Teatime Research)
- 18:15: XR in Urban Planning (Gunita Kulikovsky, Vividly)
- 18:45: Case Wärtsilä Training in VR (Kasper Söderlund, Aleksi Kirjonen)
- 19:15: Case Vesala AR (Sami Heinonen, Zoan)
- 19:45: XR in Space Physics (Markku Alho, Aalto University)
… and more!
XR EXHIBITION AREA (Floor Zero)
Over 30 interesting exhibitors from the field of XR showing off their mad XR solutions! Come try out their demos!
- 361 – a documentary series about homes around the world
- Radical Rabbit
- Critical Charm
- Upknowledge Oy
- flyAR Augmented Reality Studio Oy
- Metropolia XR Design and Finnish Design Academy
- Space physics / Aalto University
- XR Music
- Yle / Paradise VR team
- Zoan / Laura Ala
- Ade Oy
- Augmented Urbans
- Glue Collaboration
- Stadin ammatti- ja aikuisopisto
- Varjo Technologies
- Tridify Ltd
- Disior Oy
- Teatime Research Ltd
- Plehat Oy
- Harhama Games
- TAMK – Tampere University of Applied Sciences
- 3D Talo Finland Oy
- Skeleton Conductor XR
- Accenture Liquid Studio
- Evacrity VR
- Turku University of Applied Sciences
- CTRL Reality Oy
- Realmax Oy
- 3D Bear
XR LOUNGE (1st Floor)
- Welcome Speech
- Open Bar by Helsinki Distilling Company
- Accenture Liquid Studio’s Demo Area
- Food & Drinks
- House DJ playing some groovy tunes
- AR Art Gallery
MATCHMAKING (2nd Floor)
Facilitated Matchmaking 1-to-1 sessions all night! Attending a matchmaking event is a quick and easy way to meet new potential cooperation partners. High speed meetings are perfect for first impressions and new contacts. Register beforehand: https://match-up-2019-xr.b2match.io/ – At the moment full booked!
MATCH UP 2019 OFFICIAL AFTER PARTY
The official After Party of Match Up 2019 – the XR Event – will be held at Tislaamo – Distillery Bar from 9:30 PM – Mingle until Midnight! (Työpajankatu 2a Building 3, 00580 Helsinki).
Organizers, Partners & Sponsors
This year the main organizers of Match Up 2019 – the XR Event – is brand new Helsinki XR Center together with Metropolia UAS & FIVR – Finnish Virtual Reality Association. The matchmaking session is organized by Enterprise Europe Network.
Main Partner of the event is Telia Company. Sponsored & Supported by Business Finland, City of Helsinki, Accenture Finland, The Helsinki Distilling Company, Stadin Ammattiopisto, Angel Films. All prints are sponsored by Origos Oy.