Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, HXRC will cancel or postpone all events, visits and group meetings for the spring 2020.
The health of our partners, guests, visitors, staff and team members is our highest priority. HXRC follows the guidelines of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences.
Virtual meetings and connections are recommended for the time being. That’s why we’re hosting the next FIVR meetup in cyberspace, on a virtual reality platform to be decided later!
Take care of your XR equipment
We are improving the hygiene level and ordered a cleaning cabinet for VR headsets to and ordered a cleaning cabinet for VR headsets to HXRC Showroom. All non-essential use of shared VR equipment is not currently encouraged.
Remember to clean your VR headset and controllers:
- Wipe the headset lenses and foam using a dry microfiber cloth, the same kind you would use to clean glasses.
- Remember to wipe controllers and headset parts which are in contact with the skin with disinfectant regularly and after each user witching. Utility providers, like VRCover, offer face cushions which are non-absorbent and easier to wipe clean.
- If you use shared VR headsets a lot , you may want to get or make a soft disposable covers between the foam and your skin – this will make cleaning easier.
- Wipe the inside and outside of the headset with non alcoholic antibacterial wipes after every user. Be careful with lenses to prevent scratches.
- Washing, wiping or replacing headset face cushions regularly is recommended. Take good care of your XR equipment so they last longer in use!
Remember to clean your VR headset and controllers regularly.
Hand hygiene and other precautions
Avoiding coronavirus, as any respiratory infection, can be promoted by good hand hygiene. Read more in the THL Hand Wash Guide.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth unless you have just washed your hands
- Protect your mouth and nose with a disposable handkerchief when coughing or sneezing.
- Immediately litter the used handkerchief.
- If you do not have a handkerchief, cough or sneeze at the top of your sleeve.
- Avoid handshaking!
We will be actively informing about any changes regarding the situation.
If you have anything to ask, please contact: info(at)helsinkixrcenter.com