Did you attend Match XR 2020? Give us feedback!
If you attended Match XR 2020, please take a few minutes to provide your honest feedback to us for a chance to win 100 euro Amazon gift card. We’ll use your input to improve our next event. You can choose whether you want to participate in the gift card raffle by entering your name, email address and phone number to the end of the feedback form.
DATE: 25 November 2020
ORGANIZER: Helsinki XR Center
LOCATION: VR Pavilion Finland (Altspace VR or Youtube live stream)
TICKETS: Free of charge
Welcome to experience Finnish XR in VR Pavilion Finland
Match Up comes again – but this time with a new name and a new environment! Say hello to Match XR 2020!
Match XR 2020 is an experimental immersive technology conference and get-together happening in virtual reality on 25th of November in AltspaceVR. At Match XR 2020 you will have have an opportunity not only to hear about, but to experience the current state of Finnish XR industry. The event is full of interesting speeches, panel discussions and presentations. Between the performances guests have time to experience the new venue – VR Pavilion Finland. With the portals of AltspaceVR, you get to visit unique virtual worlds created by our partners.
Event program – Match XR 2020
Good Morning from Helsinki live Zoom broadcast
- 09:00 am – Opening words – Jan Vapaavuori, Mayor of Helsinki
- 09:15 am – Panel Discussion – Industry experts discuss the Finnish AR/VR scene, startup ecosystem and the impact of 5G development: Urho Konttori (Varjo), Olli Sinerma (Business Finland), Jussi Havu (Glue Collaboration), Laura Olin (Zoan) & facilitator Christina Forsgård (Netprofile)
Presentations by innovative Finnish XR companies, artists and scientists – hear what they have created and chat with them face-to-face after presentations at AltspaceVR, or observe the show through our Youtube stream.
- 10:00 am – XR Perceptual Research – Jukka Häkkinen, University of Helsinki
- 10:30 am – How to Utilize XR in Communication Situations – Jaakko Mattila, Stereoscape
- 11:00 am – Lyfta: Impactful Immersive Storytelling in Education – Meri Miettinen & Sami Jahnukainen, Lyfta Oy
- 11:30 am – Why I’m Excited About XR – Petri Rajahalme, Nordic XR Startups
- 12:00 pm – Next Generation Learning – How to Tackle COVID-19 – Mika Luimula, Turku University of Applied Sciences
- 12:30 pm – VRifier Co-created – Aleksis Karme, Teatime Research Ltd.
- 01:00 pm – Photorealistic Mixed Reality – Urho Konttori, Varjo
- 01:30 pm – Narrative and Storytelling – Content with Live Actors – Oleg Nikolaenko, AXiiO VR Studio
- 02:00 pm – Virtual Acoustics in 6-Degrees-of-Freedom – Sebastian Schlecht, Aalto University
- 02:30 pm – MR as a Disruptor in Drones Industry – Hannu Lesonen, Anarky Labs
- 03:00 pm – Opera Beyond – Immersive Technology in Performing Arts – Annastina Haapasaari, Finnish National Opera and Ballet
- 03:30 pm – Avatar Embodiment & Full Body Tracking – Tuukka Takala, Waseda University
- 04:00 pm – Scale Up Innovation with Yle – Jari Lahti, Yle – Finnish Broadcasting Company
- 04:30 pm – Entering the Holodeck – Emmi Jouslehto, Arilyn
- 05:00 pm – How to Deploy Augmented Reality Interfaces in the Industry – Peter Antoniac, Augumenta
- 05:30 pm – Making Volumetric Holograms Accessible for Everyone – Victor Pardinho, Sense of Space
Partners – Match XR 2020
Match XR 2020 is created in close partnership with representatives of the Finnish XR industry. At Match XR 2020 you can enjoy our dear partners’ XR insights in presentations, hear what they have created and chat with them face-to-face afterwards. Many of our partners have also created their very own virtual worlds, which are open for visitors during the event.
- Aalto University
- Anarky Labs
- AXiiO Oy
- CTRL Reality
- Finnish Design Academy
- Finnish National Opera and Ballet
- Glue Collaboration
- Lyfta Oy
- Nordic XR Startups
- Pohjoisen Keski-Suomen Ammattiopisto
- Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences
- Sense of Space
- Stereoscape Oy
- Teatime Research Ltd.
- Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Virtual Dawn
- XR Design Degree (Metropolia UAS)
- Yle – Finnish Broadcasting Company
Organizers of Match XR 2020
PS: If you like, you can take a read how the physical event in 2019 was like via this link!